What are the Benefits of Returning to the Office?
Listen as Roger moderates a discussion with Mette Johansen Keating, Founder and Creative Director at mettespace, and Lisa Taylor, President of the Challenge Factory, Inc. focused on how employers can support employees to readjust to working – at least part-time – back at the office.
Questions in Part 1 Include:
- Employees have got used to working from home. What are the benefits of returning to the office?
- What are the issues around hybrid work schedules? Dedicated workstations? More collaborative workspaces? Staggered schedules?
- How do we balance the needs of the business with the needs of employees?
- The Delta variant has caused much anxiety. So too, has the possibility of more contagious strains of Covid emerging. How can employers prove the case to employees for the need to commute to work?
- How can we put the checks in place to ensure employees do not feel they are putting themselves at undue risk by hopping on the train, streetcar or bus to the office?
About Our Guests
Mette Johansen Keating, Founder & Creative Director
Mette has carved out a leadership role in the Toronto office-space design community over the past 15 years upon arriving from her native Denmark. She founded Mettespace on human-centered and Scandinavian design principles when they were basically unheard of in North America and has since grown a dynamic and impressive tribe of clients and followers.
Fast-forward to 2021 and her soon-to-be-released book “Take Your Space” will share her insights into what she describes as “Scenography for life and work”, disintegrating borders between work and personal life accelerated by the pandemic and the critical contribution physical space can provide as we look to the future and a once-in-a-generation opportunity for people to find more balance
Lisa Taylor, President, Challenge Factory and the Centre for Career Innovation
Lisa Taylor is a sought-after expert, speaker, and columnist on today’s changing world of work.
As President of Challenge Factory and the Centre for Career Innovation, Lisa offers invaluable leadership and insights about the Future of Work—with a focus on how talent equity, demographics, the freelance economy, and new market dynamics present opportunities to gain strategic workforce and career advantage.